In yesterday's post profiling Charlotte and Tyler's rehearsal dinner, there was a threat of rain on the wedding day. Thankfully, the rain held off until just as the ceremony concluded! Additionally, the rain gave us a fantastic rainbow during cocktail hour. I love photographing weddings with many meaningful family heirlooms and traditions. Charlotte's veil dates back many generations (I believe it is 200 years old?) and she entered her name in a family prayer book filled with the wedding dates and names of her foremothers. On the groom's side, the cake topper is a family heirloom.
Tyler gave a moving speech to his new bride during the reception and presented her with her own life jacket for future white water rafting trips together. Of course, I was also touched by the symbolic meaning of such a gift. Charlotte is a lucky gal!
Thank you to Charlotte, Tyler and their families for allowing MIho and I to document this special day!
Vendor Credits Below
- Ceremony Location: Private Home
- Reception Location: Private Club, Locust Valley, New York
- Flowers: Petals
- Band: Encore by Wilson Stevens Productions
- Bride's Dress: Austin Scarlett
- Brides' Shoes: Badgley Mischka
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Amsale
- Invitations: William Arthur
- Day of Coordinator: Latha Youngren
- Second Photographer: Miho Aikawa