Born into a family of frequent party throwers in New Orleans, Louisiana, I developed an interest in capturing the people and the spirit of Laissez le bon temps rouler (Let the good times roll!) at an early age. My heart leaps at the chance to hear great live music, but usually I’m happy to be home in Brooklyn with a good book and a cup of Lapsang Schouzong tea. Somedays you can find me at the gym learning how to box, others I’ll be shooting my 8 year long project on North Brooklyn which was featured on Wired.com & Architectural Digest. I’m an artist following my passion while raising my four year old daughter Josephine, named after my 86 year old Granny, and enjoying life in New York City my writer/singer songwriter husband Ryan.
- Photojournalist across the United States and Germany from 2002- 2009 (yep, I'm fluent in German)
- Photographed Heads of State, politicians, red carpet events, and cultural events for numerous international publications
- Assistant to National Geographic Photographer Ira Block for 3 years
- Master’s degree in digital photography, School of Visual Art, 2008 (yep, I can fix your zit and more if requested!)
- Image Finalist in Photo District News Top Knots 2014
- Photographed well over 100 weddings across the US, Mexico and Germany